Ixia, a Keysight Technologies Incorporated Business, released the Vision Edge 1S (E1S) visibility solution. This new, cost-effective solution combines network packet broker functionality with application and synthetic monitoring in a single appliance, delivering network visibility to remote sites and edge computing.
Processing of data is rapidly moving to the edge. According to Gartner, by 2022, more than 50 percent of enterprise-generated data will be created and processed outside the data center or cloud. Computing assets at the edge of an enterprise need to be monitored for performance as well as security vulnerabilities.
“The growth of edge computing places a new burden on enterprises to understand what is happening at remote sites,” said Recep Ozdag, vice president, product management in Keysight’s Ixia Solutions Group. “While edge computing puts resources where they are needed, gaps can emerge in a company’s monitoring and security infrastructure. Vision Edge 1S fills those gaps with an impressively cost-effective, yet powerful combination of a network packet broker and application performance monitoring solution.”
The Ixia Vision Edge 1S offers:
- Advanced packet broker features that filter and distribute traffic from the edge (up to 10G line rate) enabling centralised security and monitoring tools to receive relevant data for monitoring
- Application monitoring with remote packet capture and enriched flow monitoring (Netflow/IxFlow) to monitor application performance at the edge
- Performance monitoring through synthetic traffic generation (up to 10G line rate) to predict the performance of applications and verify network capacity and performance at the edge
- Remote and real-time control through the easy-to-use Hawkeye web-interface for efficient provisioning and remote management of network and application performance with a simple click
- Integration with other Vision packet brokers for comprehensive visibility into the enterprise performance and security monitoring infrastructure
CHECK OUT OUR LATEST ISSUE!
WANT MORE INDUSTRY INSIGHTS? SUBSCRIBE TO IAA NOW!