The state of readiness for Industry 4.0 (I4.0) adoption is ramping up in Asia Pacific. Manufacturers and companies are heeding the call to action amidst escalating concerns over low labour productivity that impacts economic growth. Addressing the fears and stumbling blocks over I4.0 is the first step to achieving clarity and direction, and Industrial Transformation ASIA-PACIFIC 2019 – A HANNOVER MESSE EVENT, returns this year with a very focused and specialised approach to speed up I4.0 adoption with practical learning platforms and scalable solutions.
With regional governments emphasising the need to be ready for the digital revolution, organisations are realising that I4.0 adoption is not an option, but a necessary solution to being future-ready and to future-proof their business models. It’s not a matter of “if” but “when”, and the ones who are quick to respond will gain first-mover advantage that translates into massive efficiencies that impact large-scale production.
“We’ve seen digitalisation, robotics and automation coming together to enable our customers to work side-by-side with technology and deliver new levels of productivity and safety. No matter the size of a company, digital transformation can help to realise new opportunities today to enable sustained business success while reducing the impact on environment and people. The challenge is no longer whether to start but how to scale and build momentum,” said Johan de Villiers, Country Managing Director, ABB Singapore.
What are the right automation decisions to make? How to find the budget for it? What does it take for a business to go full integration on I4.0? How to ensure that it remains sustainable? These are some of the fears and doubts that organisations are concerned about, and which will be addressed at Industrial Transformation via its comprehensive content-rich learning platforms and themed activity zones on the show floor.
To kick start the I4.0 journey, highlights at Industrial Transformation ASIA-PACIFIC 2019 includes:
- Collaboration Lab: A platform for companies to collaborate and co-create by test bedding and retrofitting solutions
- Learning Lab: Features live demonstrations on the capabilities and applications of autonomous solutions in the intralogistics environment.
- Robotics Experiential Zone: Debuting this year, it features robotics displays and interactive exhibits that emphasise their importance in advanced manufacturing and service sectors
Moving towards actionable outcomes
Industrial Transformation’s learning journey to address fears and concerns:
- Planning for the future and Influencing change from top down with CXO Suimmit for C-suite leadership and Future of Manufacturing workshops targeting mid management and practitioners
- Specialised learning with industry-focused tracks on: oil&gas&energy, pharmaceutical & biotechnology, semiconductor & electronic & electrical, FMCG & F&B, aerospace, logistics & supply chain, chemical, infrastructure & facilities, urban solutions, and automotive
- Comprehensive and practical engagement with 120 guide tours covering 12 industry sectors across three day
- Targetted learning with 50 Sandbox sessions for beginners, early adopters and trailblazers
- Future-readiness via innovation adoption and problem solving with CXO Summit, Global AM Summit, Standards Forum and specialised workshops
Held October 22 to 24 at Singapore EXPO & MAX Atria and organised by SingEx Exhibitions and international partner Deutsche Messe, ITAP 2019 brings together a self-contained ecosystem for end-to-end engagements among I4.0 practitioners, technology & solution providers, industrial companies, component manufacturers, software companies, manufacturing solutions suppliers, service companies & consultancies and start-ups. Industrial Transformation will focus on getting organisations to move beyond the “fear factor” and “pilot trap” and to shift up the gears to test bed and prototype solutions to tackle industry challenges.
CLICK HERE FOR LATEST NEWS.
READ CURRENT AND PAST ISSUES OF IAA.
KEEP YOURSELF UPDATED, SUBSCRIBE TO IAA NOW!