HP Incorporated has released its 2018 Sustainable Impact Report and has set new long-term goals including:
- Increase recycled content plastics to 30 percent by 2025 across its product portfolio
- Power its global operations with 100 percent renewable electricity by 2035; 60 percent by 2025
- Recycle 1.2 million tonnes of hardware and supplies by 2025
- Achieve zero deforestation associated with HP brand paper and paper-based product packaging by 2020
The report documents the progress HP is making and the business benefits of investing in the planet, people and communities. Sustainable Impact programs drove more than $972 million dollars of new revenue for HP in 2018, a 35 percent year-over-year increase.
HP is also tackling the global plastic waste issue by developing the first global network of ocean-bound plastics supply chains, upcycling materials such as plastic bottles into products. The company’s EliteDisplay E273d is the world’s first display manufactured with ocean plastic and some of its consumer printers are made with recycled plastic parts.
In Asia-Pacific, HP is driving positive change:
- Collected an estimated 200 tonnes of e-waste through the Make IT Green campaign in Singapore
- Recycled 11.8 million HP print cartridges in 2018 with Cartridges 4 Planet Ark in Australia
- Made mobile learning possible for two million people through the World on Wheels initiative in India
- Replaced the wood pallets used to ship HP printers with pallets made from straw, which otherwise would have been burned
“Companies have critically important roles to play in solving societal challenges, and we continue to reinvent HP to meet the needs of our changing world,” said Dion Weisler, President & Chief Executive Officer, HP Inc. “This isn’t a nice to do, it’s a business imperative. Brands that lead with purpose and stand for more than the products they sell will create the most value for customers, shareholders and society as a whole. Together with our partners, we will build on our progress and find innovative new ways to turn the challenges of today into the opportunities of tomorrow.”
CHECK OUT OUR LATEST ISSUE!
WANT MORE INDUSTRY INSIGHTS? SUBSCRIBE TO IAA NOW!