SOFTING’S Gateway pnGate PA easily integrates PROFIBUS DP and PA segments directly into PROFINET control systems. It does not require an additional PROFIBUS DP intermediate segment. A user-friendly interface, easy integration into common engineering tools and the supported redundancy protocols address the requirements of process automation. In this way, modernising and expanding existing installations is cost-effective, requires little cabling and saves space in the control cabinet.
For device configuration, parameterisation and plant asset management tasks pnGate PA supports major PROFINET engineering tools like TIA Portal and Step7. It provides access to FDT / DTM frame applications via an integrated CommDTM and offers EDD-based device configuration with Siemens Simatic PDM.
Key Component for Transition to State-of-the-Art Technology
- Simple replacement of installed PROFIBUS DP/PA segment couplers
- Re-use of existing PROFIBUS PA segments without requiring modification
- Support of PROFINET redundancy for increased reliability
Direct Connectivity to PROFIBUS Segments
- Acting as PROFINET Device and PROFIBUS PA Master
- Support of up to 4 PROFIBUS PA segments
Configuration, Parameterization and Plant Asset Management Using Standard Industry Tools
- Supports major PROFINET engineering tools such as TIA Portal, Step7 and PC WORXS
- Included CommDTM allowing use in FDT/DTM frame applications
- EDD-based device parametrization using Siemens Simatic PDM
READ MORE PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO IAA NOW!
CHECK OUT IAA’S CURRENT AND PAST ISSUES: DIGITAL MAGAZINE