About the video “Automation Technology and Solutions drive sustainability”:
Mike Train, Senior Vice President and Chief Sustainability Officer, Emerson, explains how Emerson Automation Technology and Solutions drive Sustainability. In his inimitable style, Mike engages us to participate in the “Greening of”, “Greening by” and “Greening with” Emerson as he retells and shares with us Emerson’s Sustainability journey, replete with wisdom, and panache. Mike shares his experience as he takes on the role of Chief Sustainability Officer and explains how technology drives and is in turn driven by sustainability. He explains the people perspectives towards change, through the wide-angled lens of a seasoned corporate insider, and Emerson’s corporate strategy, philosophy, and greater altruistic objectives. Through Mike’s lucid retelling, Emerson’s corporate transformation and ESG journey is brought to life.
Points covered in the video by Mike Train, Senior Vice President and Chief Sustainability Officer, Emerson:
- What are the reflections on sustainability?
- How can other companies take a leaf from Emerson’s “Greening Of, Greening By, Greening With’ sustainability framework?
- How does Emerson plan to achieve net zero by 2045?
- How Emerson is leading by example when it comes to ‘Greening of’ its own infrastructure?
- How is Emerson building a sustainability culture to motivate employees and achieve its ambitious targets?
- What are some of the carbon reduction measures that Emerson is implementing?
- What are the trends for CCUS (carbon capture, utilization, and storage) technology?
- About mobility (big trend – EV batteries) . . .
- What is Emerson’s position with regards to the electrification and mobility segment? Which part of the Lithium battery value chain is Emerson serving?
- Digital transformation goes hand in hand with sustainability